Music Tuition At Walton High- Walnut Tree Campus 2021/2022
Students can gain a huge amount of pleasure from learning to play a musical instrument - it can boost the development of a range of vital skills required across their whole curriculum and can also boost their confidence enormously.
Lessons are delivered by specialist staff from the Walton Partnership and MK Music Co-operative. We offer expert, dedicated and creative tuition on keyboard, piano, violin, viola, cello, oboe, flute, clarinet, saxophone, trumpet, trombone, drum kit, guitar and voice. Other instruments may be taught, please contact the school for more information.
Lessons will be delivered during the school day with a timetable so students do not miss the same lesson each week. As part of the service you will receive a copy of the timetable and a music practice book. Timetables will be emailed to you and placed on Firefly.
We run a range of extra-curricular activities and concerts and we will actively encourage your child to participate in these.
We will deliver 34 lessons throughout the year during the school day. The cost of this tuition package is as follows:
|Autumn Term 2021|
- 12 lessons
|Spring Term 2022|
- 12 lessons
|Summer Term 2022
- 10 lessons
You will need to complete the Music Contract for our records so that we can ensure your child receives the information and teaching necessary. We will contact you to confirm the start date and times of lessons. *Pupil premium - If you know your child is in receipt of funding please tick the box on the reply slip. You will not need to complete the GoCardless Form if you are in receipt of Pupil Premium funding.
Forms must be returned to the Music Department by the following dates:
- Lessons commencing from Autumn Term 2021 – 14 June 2021
- Lessons commencing from Spring Term 2022– 1 November 2021
- Lessons commencing from Summer Term 2022 – 1 March 2022
Any forms received after these dates will be considered for the following term.
You must sign up with our Direct Debit provider, Go Cardless following completion of the form using the link https://pay.gocardless.com/AL0002SPV1CB2Q
You will receive communication directly from Go Cardless advising of the date for payment collection.
Your direct debit payment will be charged per term. Please do not cancel your direct debit unless informed by MKET. Cancelling your direct debit will incur an administration fee of £30 added to your account.
If you have any more questions please contact the Subject Leader for Music, Mr Daggett, Subject Leader for Music at Walnut Tree Campus, and Miss Abbie Bavester, Subject Leader for Music at Brooklands Campus.
Walton High has a limited number of instruments that can be hired through the school. Please contact the Subject Leader for Music for an application form.
Giving up music tuition
This should be regarded as being a last resort. We would strongly urge your child to think very carefully before giving up. Music is for life and there will inevitably be periods of negativity when a student will want to give up. However students will be thankful in the long run when they carry on. Please impress this on your child – music is a gift and an investment of time and money.
If there is a problem with lessons such as pieces, the teacher, equipment, times of lessons, etc., please do not hesitate to contact the Subject Leader for Music.
Deadline Dates for Discontinuing
Written notice must be given via email@example.com for withdrawal from lessons by the following deadlines
- Discontinuing at the end of Autumn Term – 30 September
- Discontinuing at the end of Spring Term – 31 January
- Discontinuing at the end of Summer Term – 31 May
- It is the student’s responsibility to catch up on work missed during academic classes.
- The student must ask for permission to leave the class lesson for music tuition, before the class lesson begins.
- Any problems which the student may have with music lessons must be discussed with the Subject Leader for Music as soon as possible.
- Music lessons may continue on days when special events are timetabled. It is a student’s responsibility to attend lessons.
- Lessons should also be arranged with the music teacher when there is to be a period absence. In such cases, the teacher may give extra time prior to and after the absence in lieu of the time missed.
Subject Leader for Music